Stainless Steel Restrained Range
AusProof’s small, durable and reliable Stainless Steel Restrained Range is suitable for use in mining, tunnelling, and commercial applications, including Group 1 hazardous environments.
The plugs and receptacles available in this range fall into three categories – PES (Plug Extra Small), PS (Plug Small), and PL (Plug Large). In more detail:
- PES plugs and receptacles are rated to 60 amps, with current carrying capacities including 660 volts and 1,100 volts;
- PS plugs and receptacles are rated to 150 amps, with current carrying capacities including 660 volts and 1,100 volts; and
- PL plugs and receptacles are rated to 300 amps and 425 amps, with current carrying capacities including 660V volts 1,100 volts, and 3,300 volts. PL products are also available in 4 pin or 6 pin configurations.
Products within this range can also be utilised in open-cut and metalliferous sites if a higher level of durability is desired or required.
Within this range, the 60 amps PES plugs and receptacles are particularly unique, having been designed to withstand up to a massive 90 amps, a feature new to the Australian industry at the time, for when 60 amps just isn’t enough. Not only that, but it does this while maintaining 100% compatibility with the 60 amps range. Plugs from this range are also ideal for the pumping market, as they can be fitted to pump cables of all types, up to 25sq mm. The flexibility of having this plug rated at 90 amps for use in Non-Ex operations also allows for larger pumps to be installed without upgrading to a larger system. This is referred to as the FR feature at AusProof, and can be added as a suffix to our part numbers.
The safety of our customers is one of our highest priorities, and as such, all products in the Stainless Steel Restrained Range have been designed to prevent hot joints through the use of single piece contacts. Plugs within this restrained range can also be repaired onsite, even in underground environments, without the need for offsite repairs or replacing the entire plug. For PS and PL plugs, simply slip off and replace the flameproof body casting. For PES plugs, just replace the flameproof barrel.
AusProof’s PS and PL ranges have additional features available that include:
- the Back-to-Back (B2B) receptacle;
- the Receptacle and Gland Bracket (RGB); and
- both Jack-In (Screw) Release or Quick Release receptacle options.
Our RGB has been given a fresh new design. Not only do they look sleek, but they have a unique two piece design that eliminates unnecessary flame paths, resulting in less maintenance and reduces operational risks.
The Quick Release option is a strong, safe and rugged engineering design that features an ergonomically designed ratchet-style handle for ease of use. Used extensively throughout the coal mining and metalliferous industries, the Quick Release system is compliant to AS/NZS1299 and AS/NZS60079 parts 0 & 1, and allows for a simple and effective method to engage and withdraw a plug from the receptacle.
Other features of the Stainless Steel Restrained Range include:
- Easy flameproof repair;
- One solid body and solid stainless steel internal cage;
- Single piece contacts;
- Easy termination;
- Solid earth connectivity throughout the product; and
- Phase to earth segregation.
Please contact your local state sales representative for more information and pricing details. Further information on these products, as well as access to downloadable technical manuals and product dimensions, can also be accessed by clicking the relevant image below.